Jump to

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* UK Reef's Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Bubbagump: Hi all, just signed up today...if previous posts are anything to go by looking forward to joining the group
    November 19, 2017, 05:23:56 PM
  • IgorEvtimov: i read all the forum and topics and decidet to join you.
    April 23, 2017, 09:26:40 PM
  • IgorEvtimov: Im new in this and truing to build a reef tank
    April 23, 2017, 09:26:11 PM
  • IgorEvtimov: Hi to all
    April 23, 2017, 09:25:09 PM
  • AndrewStephens: Morning :)
    January 23, 2017, 07:03:06 AM
  • tangtastic: shuusshh :o
    December 03, 2015, 12:47:41 AM
  • compfranon: not a lot of people use this shoutbox
    October 31, 2015, 11:02:11 PM
  • mark (sid) tottle: why has it gone so quiet o this sight????????????
    September 03, 2015, 07:14:09 PM
  • tangtastic: Afternoon folks anything on the go today ?
    March 22, 2014, 12:00:29 PM
  • s23pho: jardin
    December 10, 2013, 11:29:08 PM
  • compfranon: checkout the 44 gallon thread onlyaman
    November 03, 2013, 10:20:23 PM
  • onlyaman: one
    October 31, 2013, 11:24:19 PM
  • onlyaman: has any oen put toghter the jarduino controler
    October 31, 2013, 11:23:41 PM
  • onlyaman: just wanted to say hi to all
    October 31, 2013, 11:15:34 PM
  • bigguy: Evening :)
    October 26, 2013, 09:15:06 PM
  • tangtastic: mornin
    October 15, 2013, 05:16:24 PM
  • bigguy: Greets to all :)
    October 12, 2013, 03:35:48 PM
  • compfranon: chrome worked for me
    October 08, 2013, 06:16:25 PM
  • bigguy: this is ie
    October 08, 2013, 05:18:20 PM
  • bigguy: hello
    October 08, 2013, 05:17:47 PM

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 140
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Arduino 3.2 tft colour touch screen build  (Read 263579 times)

Offline TheDOdblG

• Admin/Mod
    • Jarduino on Google Code
Re: Arduino 3.2 tft colour touch screen build
« Reply #420 on: April 24, 2012, 09:08:49 AM »
I want to ask Jamie
Is it possible to control LEDs as in the example written in Processing RGB Mixer ? http://lab.guilhermemartins.net/2010/07/22/processing-to-arduino/ I have here is what happened,tried the code jarduino prescribe the serialCommands get a response after 3 seconds set the port speed 115200
in the attached file for the project Processing (Jarduino.zip) and compiled exe file for windows

Sorry it's been so long for me to respond.  I ran into a fairly large issue.  This is the worst case scenario IMO for a fish tank owner.

Back to your question, I never attempted to control the LEDs via processing, but I'm sure it's possible, as the link you provided clearly demonstrates.  Your modification of his RGB mixer is very cool!  The sliders closely resemble what I'm currently working on, but for the Touch Screen LCD.  What did you use to create/modify that? I'm not familiar with programing in java, but am a quick learner.  Maybe I'll have a look, as it may be a big help when I get the wifi up and going.

Offline wgraham

« Reply #421 on: April 26, 2012, 01:50:28 AM »
Hello, new to this site and just started my 135g and a 90g tank using LED's and an arduino type controller.  Right now I have the 90g up and running with a mega and 16, 4 LCD and was thinking about this 3.2 touch.  I downloaded the code and put the libraries in the library folder and when I tried to comply the sketch it give me a lot of error.  Any help would be appreciated.  I have a background in electronics but not in writing code.

Offline wgraham

« Reply #422 on: April 26, 2012, 03:03:31 AM »
Hello again,  I was reading thru some of the post and install the old library for the ITDB02_Graph16 and DS1307 and got it to verify, now I will order the touchscreen and hopefully it will work. 

Offline bemenaker

« Reply #423 on: May 14, 2012, 06:05:36 PM »
Will this run on an Uno or does the size of the program, or pin  requirements, dictate a 2560?  I've read this whole thread, and grabbed the Jarduino1.1 and it compiles ok.  I'm still planning on what I want to do, but I like this setup so much better than anything I've seen.  This is some incredible work.

Offline tangtastic

• Administrator
  • Expertises:
  • LED Builds
  • Equipment knowledge
« Reply #424 on: May 14, 2012, 06:10:33 PM »
No budd a 2560 but the moon images can be compressed to get it on a 1280

kev

Enjoy your stay on Ukreefs, please don't hesitate to contact the team if you have any recommendations

Offline tangtastic

• Administrator
  • Expertises:
  • LED Builds
  • Equipment knowledge
« Reply #425 on: May 14, 2012, 06:16:23 PM »
Also a warm welcome to both of you to ukreefs

kev

Enjoy your stay on Ukreefs, please don't hesitate to contact the team if you have any recommendations

Offline TheDOdblG

• Admin/Mod
« Reply #426 on: May 14, 2012, 08:08:47 PM »
No budd a 2560 but the moon images can be compressed to get it on a 1280

In an upcoming release, I took several measures to cut the size of the program down, but with all the additions I've since added, it is now over 160kB's.  With each subsequent release, the Jarduino will continue to grow in size.  Therefore, further compression of the moon images will eventually leave them far too pixelated.  If you absolutely have to use a 1280, with some minor modification to the sketch you could move the larger image files over to an SD card.  Unless you already have a 1280, it seems pointless in buying one as the 1280 and the 2560 virtually costs the same. 

Will this run on an Uno or does the size of the program, or pin  requirements, dictate a 2560?  I've read this whole thread, and grabbed the Jarduino1.1 and it compiles ok.  I'm still planning on what I want to do, but I like this setup so much better than anything I've seen.  This is some incredible work.

Welcome aboard!

Assuming you could reduce the size of the Jarduino to fit in and work on an UNO (good luck!), size wouldn't be the only issue.  The LCD touch screen alone would occupy ALL the pins of the UNO except digital pins 8 & 9, and 4 analog pins.  And since digital pin 8 isn't PWM, you would only be able to control LEDs on 1 channel (using pin 9).  You would also lose the ability to control any fans, or any other peripherials for that matter (with the exception of 1 digital non-PWM device controlled by pin eight).  You would also have to use an analog temperature sensor such as the LM35 (instead of DS18B20), since only a few analog channels would be available.  And, you also wouldn't have any room for a RTC (Real Time Clock), which is vital in controlling pretty much everything...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:11:00 PM by TheDOdblG »

Offline bemenaker

« Reply #427 on: May 14, 2012, 09:35:13 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I figured that was what the answer was.  I ordered a started kit to start learning with and it's an uno.  I figured I would be getting a 2560 for my actual project. 

So am I correct in understanding that the moon.c files are the images themselves of the moon?  Looking at the code, that was all that made sense to me.  Hmm, I guess if read through the jarduino.pde more it would probably answer that.  :)

Offline TheDOdblG

• Admin/Mod
« Reply #428 on: May 14, 2012, 09:48:52 PM »
So am I correct in understanding that the moon.c files are the images themselves of the moon?

Yes.  You can "make" image files the Arduino IDE can understand by using the image conversion tool(s) included in the Arduino Library folder: ...arduino-0022-JarduinoPatch\libraries\ITDB02_Graph16\Tools

This can come in handy if you want to reduce the picture/file sizes, or if you want to add any other images...

Offline Majeric

« Reply #429 on: May 17, 2012, 12:47:01 PM »
Hello

I've been watching this thread for quite a while now.

I've decided to take the plunge and get myself the correct hardware:
arduino mega 2560
mega shield pre assembled
3.2 tft touch screen.

hopefully the kit should arrive soon.

i've never actually done anything with an ardunio so i'm completing new to this.

i want to be able to control 2 strings - one for white and one for blues.
thats the initial plan at least. both connected to independent eln 60 48p's

i'm actually part way through building the lighting until for my Roma 125. should be completed in the coming weeks.

wanted to know if there is one consolidate package i can use to run my controller?

i've been reading about various links, but cant seem to find out.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Rajiv

Offline bemenaker

« Reply #430 on: May 17, 2012, 04:40:40 PM »
One more simple question. The beginning of this thread talks about needing to merge the stilo code into the jarduino code to be complete.  I am assuming that is no longer correct.  That the Jarduino1.1 from the code.google site is complete as is.

The work you have done is incredible.  I found your 44 gallon tank build thread and read it in it's entirety and I was just blown away.  Nice work.

Offline tangtastic

• Administrator
  • Expertises:
  • LED Builds
  • Equipment knowledge
« Reply #431 on: May 17, 2012, 06:14:51 PM »
For that the stilo sketch will be fine budd, just need to convert the arduinos pwm output from 0-5v to 0-10v for use with the meanwells, think theres a diagram a few pages back budd

Hello

arduino mega 2560
3.2 tft touch screen.

i've never actually done anything with an ardunio so i'm completing new to this.

i'm actually part way through building the lighting until for my Roma 125. should be completed in the coming weeks.

wanted to know if there is one consolidate package i can use to run my controller?

thanks

Rajiv

Offline tangtastic

• Administrator
  • Expertises:
  • LED Builds
  • Equipment knowledge
« Reply #432 on: May 17, 2012, 06:15:37 PM »
Just use the jarduino now and the new libraries buddy

One more simple question. The beginning of this thread talks about needing to merge the stilo code into the jarduino code to be complete.  I am assuming that is no longer correct.  That the Jarduino1.1 from the code.google site is complete as is.

The work you have done is incredible.  I found your 44 gallon tank build thread and read it in it's entirety and I was just blown away.  Nice work.

Offline TheDOdblG

• Admin/Mod
« Reply #433 on: May 17, 2012, 11:07:18 PM »

Hi Brian, the download is complete with all the Libraries you will need included.  I also included a lot of comments/instructions on what to change in the the Jarduino program sketch given your hardware.  Let me know if you need any help with it.

Offline Majeric

« Reply #434 on: June 06, 2012, 02:22:09 PM »
So i connected everything up and uploaded the sketch from TheDOdblG, but now i get a white screen.

parts i've used are:

Arduino-Compatible Mega 2560
3.2 inch tft lcd
* LCD Module is with SSD1289 Controller
* ADS7843 compatible touch panel controller
ITDB02 Arduino MEGA Shield v2.0 (SHD014)

Any help would be appreciated.

I tried the Stilo sketch but got errors compiling it.

For that the stilo sketch will be fine budd, just need to convert the arduinos pwm output from 0-5v to 0-10v for use with the meanwells, think theres a diagram a few pages back budd

Hello

arduino mega 2560
3.2 tft touch screen.

thanks

Rajiv